"This isn't a major delay, or a long one," reads an update on the Kickstarter page, "it's simply a stretch of time to get everything polished and aligned. While major development is quickly drawing to a close, there are still some external factors, like submission preparation, which need a little bit more breathing room before the game goes live."
The delay should see Shovel Knight arrive close to exactly a year after it was crowdfunded, when it received more than four times its asking amount. Backers clearly bought in to the game's 8-bit aesthetic, as well as the clear nods to classics like Castlevania, Mega Man, and DuckTales. Let's hope the delay helps the final game to deliver on its potential in spades.
- Key specs
- Game format Downloadable, Cartridge
- Screen size 3.53 inches
- Online features Multiplayer, Store, Browser
- Direction control D-pad, Thumb stick (1)
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Dimensions 0.8 x 5.3 x 2.9 in
- Weight 8 oz
- Released 2011-03-27
Nintendo Wii U