Heroes of the Storm's PAX East panel has unveiled four new heroes, from left to right, Brightwing, Zagara, Li li and Murky. There's already a trailer for Brightwing
, and the Heroes of the Storm official post
supplies more information on the new heroes.
While it's surprising that iconic characters which appear on the main screen of the game, such as Chen Stormstout, are not yet in the game, while these other heroes are. Nonetheless, they're really exciting additions, as the official post elucidates their roles in the game we can really see how interesting and varied the hero roles and abilities are thanks to the different playstyle.
Hit the break for their abilities and information.
Heroes of the Storm
As we mentioned previously, we're working hard to create heroes that feel and play very differently than anything we've done in the past, and we have a few examples for you today:< LiLi
- Lili is a new support hero with an ability set that helps her to very effectively aid her teammates throughout the game.
- She has lots of ways to protect herself and allies, and she doesn't need to be babysat.
- You'll see a lot more from her in the showmatch commentary at the end of the panel.
- Brightwing has the ability to passively heal any allies nearby.
- She can also transform enemies into animals.
- Brightwing is a versatile support hero capable of teleporting from ally to ally, healing them and providing them with the help they need to succeed in battle.
- Zagara has map-wide components to her design.
- She can drop Creep Tumors to spread Zerg Creep, which helps speed up her movement speed, as well as the speed of her summons.
- What's more, Zagara can use her Nydus Worms to hop back and forth around the map, giving her plenty of opportunity to Creep up and siege multiple lanes at once.
- When we talked about putting Murky in the game, we initially struggled with what to do with him. Making him a really powerful hero just didn't seem to fit quite right (he is a Murloc, you know.) Instead, we chose to make him very, very weak, but incredibly persistent.
- Murky can lay an egg which he can use to respawn near instantly upon being killed. If his egg is destroyed, Murky will face the same respawn timers as other heroes do, so be sure to hide it well!
- Murky is going to die A LOT, but he's a hero who eventually overwhelms enemies across multiple battles. He doesn't need to win every fight; he just needs to win once.
The most intersting of these heroes to me is definitely Murky. He sounds like a hero whose primary role is to aggravate the other team, especially with his short respawn time. I have to say, he does point at the need for a redesign of the game end screen!