Nintendo's Game Boy turns 25 today, making it legally old enough to start worrying about retirement. In honor of its epic achievement as a pioneer of mobile gaming, here are the 25 best Game Boy games that you can play on iOS. Don't have your phone set up for emulation? No worries -- check out our handy emulation guide to get up and running in just a few minutes.
1. Pokemon (Red/Blue) - The games that sparked a multimedia franchise. Fantastic stories and laid back RPG gameplay.
2. Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins - One of the best platformers on Game Boy, with legendary levels that demand to be played.
3. WarioLand: Super Mario Land 3 - This Mario title doesn't star Mario, but that doesn't stop it from being charming and epic.
4. Kirby's Dream Land - Dream Land is everything you love about Kirby in a compact form.
5. Mega Man V - If you're a Mega Man fan, this is the Game Boy version you need to play. The rest are good, but this one is great.
6. Metroid II: Return of Samus - Not quite as mind-blowing as the SNES darling Super Metroid, this sci-fi adventure is still a treat on mobile.
7. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - You've already beaten it a dozen times, but one more playthrough wouldn't hurt.
8. Dr. Mario - Remember when Nintendo made amazing puzzle games? This one will remind you.
9. Yoshi's Cookie - Remember what I said in #8? That goes double for this one.
10. Donkey Kong Land - Nintendo's Game Boy translation of its then-new Donkey Kong platformer franchise was surprisingly great on the small screen, and still is.
11. Final Fantasy Legend III - By the third game, this franchise really started to take off with a great story and engaging combat.
12. Contra: The Alien Wars - All the fast-paced action of the original in a stunning two-color format. Also, super difficult.
13. Tetris - The game that made the Game Boy a must-have.
14. Adventure Island II - The classic side-scroller puts your wobbly-legged adventurer on a tiny screen with big goals.
15. R-Type - Futuristic space shooting was never so much fun.
16. Mystical Ninja - A top-down action game with large environments and lots to explore.
17. Golf - Ignore the simple name -- this was one of the best time wasters of the early 90s and it still holds up today.
18. Samurai Shodown - A great fighting game with adorable characters who can kick some serious ass.
19. Bomberman GB - Bomberman looks amazing in his Game Boy debut, and the graphics are still pretty impressive today, not to mention how great the gameplay is.
20. Harvest Moon GB - A relaxing farming RPG that will charm the pants right off of you.
21. Super Mario Land - It's not as pretty as the later Mario titles on Game Boy, but it's one that you absolutely need to play at least once.
22. Kid Dracula - One of the first Game Boy action games to really nail the "big character on a tiny screen" style that later became the norm.
23. Dragon Warrior Monsters - A charming RPG that will challenge both your skills and your ingenuity. You can even capture, train, and breed different monsters for added replay value.
24. Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters - Lots of childhood memories with this one, and a great action game to revisit.
25. Micro Machines - Everyone had Micro Machines as a kid, so racing tiny cars and boats around household items was a blast on the Game Boy.