On this Earth Day, Apple has expanded its free recycling program to include any Apple product, no matter the age. While not all products will be eligible for a gift card when traded in, Apple will take any item produced in its 30-year history in an effort to avert more electronic waste from reaching landfills.
Other stories from Monday afternoon include:
- The Hollywood Reporter reports that director Danny Boyle is in talks with Sony Pictures to direct the Walter Issacson-book biopic of Steve Jobs. And those talks include a possibility of Leonardo DiCaprio starring as Steve Jobs.
- Version 2.0 of Dropbox's Mailbox has been released, with the addition of an auto-swipe feature and the use of Dropbox to sync preferences across devices.
- Google Glass will be adding SMS capabilities for iPhone users later this week.
Catch up with these features:
- Narrative Clip lifelogging camera: Hands-on with the wearable photo capture device
- Find Tinder too ambiguous? Heavenly Sinful is here to help.
- The 25 best Game Boy games to play on your iPhone
- Dear Aunt TUAW: Why don't my searches work in Safari anymore?
- Apple renewable energy use grows from 35 to 95 percent in less than 4 years
- Mac 101: A handy list of startup options for Macs running OS X
- Rumor Roundup: Validity not confirmed