Everybody is getting on the wearable tech bandwagon these days, so it's not surprising that audio accessory manufacturer Bem Wireless decided to create the Speaker Band (US$49.99). It's a Bluetooth speaker that just happens to reside on your wrist, and it comes in six fun colors. And if you're someone who has always wanted a Dick Tracy Wrist Radio, your ship has just come in. We're also giving one away, so be sure to fill out the giveaway form at the end of this post.
- 6 hours of talk time on a single charge
- Works with Siri, acts as a speakerphone, and has spoken caller ID
- Comfortable silicone wrist strap
- Charges through USB to micro-USB cable (included)
- Includes play/pause, answer, skip and reverse buttons
- Weight: 2.0 ounces (56.7 grams)
OK, so it's not a Pebble watch or the mythical iWatch, but the Speaker Band provides is solid audio functionality without a big price tag. Bem Wireless should be commended for providing an inexpensive, fun, and usable iPhone accessory that anyone can afford and use.
Rating: 3-1/2 stars out of 4 stars possible
And now, what everybody has been waiting for -- the giveaway! Here are the rules for the giveaway:
- Open to legal US residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 18 and older.
- To enter, fill out the form below completely and click or tap the Submit button.
- The entry must be made before May 27, 2014 11:59PM Eastern Daylight Time.
- You may enter only once.
- One winner will be selected in a random drawing and will receive a Bem Wireless Speaker Band valued at $49.99
- Click Here for complete Official Rules.
- Key specs
- Type Smartphone
- Operating system iOS
- Screen size 4.7 inches
- Internal memory 16 GB
- Carriers (US) AT&T
- Dimensions 5.44 x 2.64 x 0.28 in
- Weight 5.04 oz
- Released 2015-09-25