A Bethesda statement reads, "Shinji Mikami and his team at Tango Gameworks have asked for additional time to further balance and refine the game in order to deliver the polished, terrifying pure survival horror experience they set out to create."
To see that "pure survival horror experience" in action, check our our new preview in which we fight off zombies in a swimming pool of blood, and stick needles into the brainstems of detached heads that are still living.
We've also announced The Evil Within's pre-order incentive – The Fighting Chance Pack. The Fighting Chance Pack provides players with a handful of additional items that may help them stave off death for a moment longer.
The Fighting Chance Pack includes:
· Medical Kit – A vital health enhancement to enable Sebastian to fight on.
· Green Gel – Used to upgrade Sebastian's attributes.
· Double Barrel Shotgun and Three Shells - A larger and more formidable shotgun than the regular shotgun, it's useful for tight situations with multiple encroaching enemies.
· An Incendiary Agony Bolt – Capable of showering nearby enemies with damaging fire sparks.
· A Poison Agony Bolt – Will draw enemies towards it and poison them, allowing Sebastian time for a quick escape.
The Evil Within, in development for the Xbox One, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, and PC, embodies the meaning of pure survival horror. Highly-crafted environments, horrifying anxiety, and an intricate story are combined to create an immersive world that will bring you to the height of tension. With limited resources at your disposal, you'll fight for survival and experience profound fear in this perfect blend of horror and action.
While investigating the scene of a gruesome mass murder, Detective Sebastian Castellanos and his partners encounter a mysterious and powerful force. After seeing the slaughter of fellow officers, Sebastian is ambushed and knocked unconscious. When he awakens, he finds himself in a deranged world where hideous creatures wander among the dead. Facing unimaginable terror, and fighting for survival, Sebastian embarks on a frightening journey to unravel what's behind this evil force.
The Evil Within has not yet been rated by the ESRB. For more information please visit www.theevilwithin.com.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Sony PlayStation 4
Microsoft Xbox One