"The buzz around Watch Dogs was driven by the incredible passion of our early fans," Creative Director Jonathan Morin said on Wednesday. "Today we broke the record for the biggest first day sales in Ubisoft history."
While specific sales figures were not released, Game Informer puts the milestone in perspective, noting that Ubisoft's previous first-day sales record-holder Assassin's Creed 3 moved 12.5 million copies in its first five months of release. Watch Dogs premiered this week for the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PS3, Xbox 360, and PC platforms, and a Wii U port is due to launch later this year.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Sony PlayStation 4
Microsoft Xbox One