It's been a long time coming, but Square Enix finally unveiled a renewed version of Final Fantasy 7 ... 's motorcycle mini-game from the RPG's Gold Saucer levels. Final Fantasy 7 G-Bike is a free, mobile "action chaser" inspired by the chase scene from the 1997 PSOne game, in which the hero Cloud Strife slashes at enemies with his enormous sword while ripping down a highway on his motorcycle. The obstacle-avoiding, sort-of-endless-runner will include undisclosed in-app purchases, though it does feature classic monsters, familiar techniques from Cloud's arsenal, boss battles and a weapon customization system.
Those hoping for a full mobile version of the cherished RPG, outside of its availability as a PSOne Classic on Vita, may recall producer Takashi Tokita's assertion in October that the game is years away. Final Fantasy 7 was re-released for PC in August 2012, followed by Steam in July 2013. Final Fantasy 7 G-Bike is in development for iOS and Android.
Final Fantasy 7 G-Bike (Announcement)
FINAL FANTASY VII G-BIKE
HEADED TO TOUCH DEVICES
LONDON (10th June 2014) – Square Enix Ltd., the publisher of SQUARE ENIX® interactive entertainment products in Europe and other PAL territories, today announces FINAL FANTASY VII G-BIKE™, a thrilling high-speed action chase game from FINAL FANTASY® VII, is coming to iPhone and Android. The game will be free to play with in-app item based purchases.
G-BIKE is one of the most loved mini games from the FINAL FANTASY series. Making its appearance in FINAL FANTASY VII (released in 1997), G-BIKE could be played at a specific point in the main story or from the Gold Saucer amusement centre. G-BIKE is now taking its turn in the spotlight, completely re-made with modern technology as a brand new mobile game experience.
FINAL FANTASY VII G-BIKE is an authentic racing game that sees you speeding through the FINAL FANTASY VII world. The game offers quick and easy play on touch devices, in which gamers can enjoy thrilling high-speed bike chases as well as deep RPG like elements such as customisation, character growth and item collecting.
Enjoy one of the most visceral parts of the FINAL FANTASY VII universe in the palm of your hand!
FINAL FANTASY VII G-BIKE Key Features:
A motorcycle chase based action game set in the world of FINAL FANTASY VII
· Perform many exciting actions in full 3D stages, evading obstacles and attacking the enemy at high speed.
Elements unique to FINAL FANTASY VII
· Experience familiar sights from the unique universe of FINAL FANTASY VII, such as classic monsters and Cloud Strife's awesome fighting techniques, recreated with beautiful graphics.
Deep gameplay to savour, including numerous missions and character development
· Contains a wealth of familiar gameplay features including different missions, gigantic boss battles, detailed weapon customisation and item collecting elements.
About FINAL FANTASY VII
Having sold over 9,900,000 units worldwide, FINAL FANTASY VII is one of the best loved entries in the smash hit FINAL FANTASY series and is still hugely popular today.
There have been many products featuring the enthralling world and charismatic characters from the original game including:
· FINAL FANTASY VII released on the 1st November 1997
· FINAL FANTASY VII ADVENT CHILDREN®
(Animated movie DVD/Blu-ray) released on the 24th April 2006
· DIRGE of CERBERUS® FINAL FANTASY VII released on the 17th November2006
· CRISIS CORE® FINAL FANTASY VII released on the 20th June 2008
- Key specs
- Reviews • 12
- Form factor Tablet
- Operating system iOS (8)
- Screen size 9.7 inches
- Storage type Internal storage (16 GB, Flash)
- Maximum battery life Up to 10 hours
- Dimensions 9.4 x 6.6 x 0.24 in
- Weight 0.96 lb
- Announced 2014-10-16
Apple iPhone 6