Here are some of the most eccentric, the most peculiar, most "hmm"-inducing stories of E3:
E3 2014 Round-up: Weird Tales from Los Angeles
- Remember Rare's foul-mouthed squirrel, Conker? Well, he's back! In ... Project Spark? That's weird.
- Phantom Dust, a fighter/arena combat game that debuted on the original Xbox, is getting another chance at life via the Xbox One. Didn't see that coming.
- The Last of Us is a game. Diablo 3 is a game. So why not mash them together, peanut-butter-jelly-style, for a Last of Us-themed dungeon in Diablo 3 on PS4? Makes ... sense?
- Hearing that adventure game Grim Fandango is coming to PS4 and Vita is kind of like hearing your friend say he saw Bigfoot. And then he shows you a picture.
- Bayonetta 2 for Wii U will include the original Bayonetta at no extra charge, and will even feature Nintendo-themed costumes for the gun-shoe-wearing witchay woman. Seriously? Yes, seriously.
- Tomonobu Itagaki - the man behind the infamously-figured women of Dead or Alive - will bring Devil's Third to Wii U, and only Wii U. Eyebrow raised.
- That's a big cow.
- Pac-Man will appear in Super Smash Bros. If we hadn't seen it for ourselves, we'd have thought the same people lying to us about how to unlock Sonic in Melee were behind the announcement. Un. Ex. Pected.
- There is a video game in development where players fight off extraterrestrials using steampunk weaponry assigned to them by President Abraham Lincoln. It's called Code Name: STEAM. Yup, real thing.
- Nintendo's stockholders must have been pretty happy when the LA Times broke the news about them releasing a new PlayStation 4. What a twist!
- People snapping photos of this perfectly normal dude. Seriously, what's up with that?