Fils-Aime also noted that 18 percent of Wii U owners purchased a copy of the game in its first weekend, but this number likely includes sales of the game from the bundle that was offered upon release. Still, the numbers are nothing to sneeze at, as the game topped 1 million on release weekend, making it the fastest-selling Wii U game to date.
Now we wait to see which game for Nintendo's console, if any, will knock Mario Kart 8 out of first place with a well-timed blue shell.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 8 GB
- Controller type Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, HDMI (v1.4), RCA / composite, S-Video
- Backward compatible 1 generations
- Released 2012-11-18