Fils-Aime argues that features like Mario Kart 8's support for sharing highlight reels from races differs from sitting through livestreams that might not even have anything interesting to watch. In contrast, Nintendo used Twitch to broadcast its Nintendo Treehouse Live at E3 demonstrations and the Super Smash Bros. Invitational, and Fils-Aime says we can expect Nintendo to do "more of that type of activity, highlighting our games and providing a forum for players to learn how to play better."
While we understand that Nintendo is aiming for its games to be featured in a different style than what Twitch viewers are used to, it sounds an awful lot like the kid that used to tell us how to play with our toys.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 54
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 8 GB
- Controller type Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, HDMI (v1.4), RCA / composite, S-Video
- Backward compatible 1 generations
- Released 2012-11-18