Backed by a successful Kickstarter campaign, The Banner Saga is a high-stakes, story-based strategy game in which player choice drives the narrative and defeat in combat can result in permanent character loss. The upcoming tablet version boasts a redesigned control scheme suited for touchscreens, and will feature the PC version's full single-player campaign.
A release date for the mobile version of The Banner Saga has not been announced.
PLATFORM: iOS, Android & Windows Tablets
PUBLISHER: Versus Evil
RELEASE DATE: Summer 2014
GENRE: RPG + Strategy
Enhanced control scheme for tablets– the critically acclaimed tactical RPG comes to tablets with 8-10 hoursworth of immersive gameplay.
- An epic Viking saga brought to life in 2D glory – beautifully hand drawn combat sequences and animations, accompanied by an evocative score from Grammy-nominated composer Austin Wintory, will immerse you into a fantasy realm inspired by Norse mythology.
- Player choice that drives your own narrative – every decision you make in travel, conversation and combat has a meaningful effect on the outcome as your story unfolds.
- Over 25 playable characters each with unique personalities – embark on your epic journey with a variety of characters from 7 different classes, each with unique abilities and upgrade options to fit your play style.
- Strategic combat with consequences - victory or defeat and even the permanent loss of a character depends on which characters you choose to take into battle and what decisions you make afterwards.
- The journey is as important as battle – your role in building and managing your caravan as you travel the vast frozen landscape is critical to not only your own survival but the survival of an entire civilization.
- Key specs
- Form factor Tablet
- Operating system iOS (8)
- Screen size 9.7 inches
- Storage type Internal storage (16 GB, Flash)
- Maximum battery life Up to 10 hours
- Dimensions 9.4 x 6.6 x 0.24 in
- Weight 0.96 lb
- Announced 2014-10-16