a whole bunch of announcements earlier today, it was Sony's turn to take the stage for its Gamescom 2014 press conference. We watched the stream, we followed the liveblog and now it's time to recap all of the event's announcements. Head past the break to dive into our round-up.
- Sony kicked off the event by announcing that it sold 10 million PS4 consoles to date.
- Thomas Was Alone developer Mike Bithell revealed that his next game, Volume, will reach PS4 and Vita in 2015.
- Q-Games' next project is a collaboration with SCEE Worldwide Studios known as The Tomorrow Children.
- Ruffian Games, developer of Crackdown 2, announced a four-player co-op shooter called Hollowpoint.
- Day Z will traipse its way to PS4 with enhanced visuals thanks to an "entirely new cross-platform renderer."
- Ninja Theory has a new demonic game that with an ass-kicking female lead that isn't a Heavenly Sword sequel, but rather it's Hellblade.
- PS4 owners that pick up a copy of Far Cry 4 will receive 10 keys that grant a two-hour trial for the game, which they're encouraged to hand off to friends for a brief co-op romp.
- Bungie took the stage to reveal that the first Destiny expansion will launch in December, and also offered a new trailer for its Crucible multiplayer modes.
- Sony detailed a few improvements coming to the PS4 itself via an update this fall. Namely, the system will receive a Share Play feature that allows PS Plus members to play any game cooperatively with friends that don't own a copy themselves across the globe as if on a "virtual couch."
- Metal Gear Solid director Hideo Kojima spent time showcasing all the things you might do with a cardboard box in Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain, all but confirming to us that he's part cat.
- Those residing in PAL regions will be able to pick up their own PlayStation TVs starting on November 14.
- Europe will gain access to the PlayStation Now game streaming service in 2015, the first beta phase of which will land in the UK.
- Sony unveiled a chilling first-person horror game known as P.T. The "interactive teaser" is available now on PSN.
- An enhanced version of Tearaway, Media Molecule's 2013 Vita game, will unfold on PS4 next year.
- Resogun developer Housemarque announced a new PS4-exclusive, fast-paced shooter, Alienation.
- The Astronauts announced that its mysterious PC game The Vanishing of Ethan Carter is in development for PS4, and will arrive on the console next year.
- Rayman creator Michel Ancel revealed a PS4-only, open-world game known as Wild to close the press conference.