The discounted CECH-4300C model replaces the PS3's current CECH-4000C "super slim" edition in Japan, Siliconera reports. The current 500GB model retails for ¥33,900 at Amazon.co.jp.
Following the price drop, Sony will discontinue Japan's current 500 GB (CECH-4200C), 250 GB (CECH-4200B), and 250 GB "Classic White" (CECH-4200BLW) PS3 hardware bundles. The discounted hardware goes on sale in Japan on August 28. Sony has issued no word regarding a PS3 hardware price drop elsewhere in the world.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25