After the break you'll find our annual roundup of official and unofficial stats from the show. There's also plenty of podcasts to listen to and we've also got a text-based roundup of stories, if you're interested in those. We'll be back at Gamescom in 2015 from August 5-9.
- 700 exhibitors from 47 countries (2013: 635 exhibitors from 40 countries; 2012: 600 exhibitors from 40 countries; 2011: 557 exhibitors from 39 countries; 2010: 505 exhibitors from 33 countries; 2009: 458 companies attended from 31 countries).
- Croissants consumed at hotel breakfast: 15, as there appears to be a significant shortage! (2013: 40, 2012: 35).
- Liters of multivitamin juice consumed: 6 (2013: 1, 2012: 6, 2011: 4).
- Number of times the Joystiq crew locked themselves out of their rooms: This is simply known now as the perpetual state of Thomas Schulenberg (@T_Schulenberg).
- Number of liters of Kölsch consumed by us: 1.8 liters (2013: 3.6 liters; 2012: 0.2; 2011: 8; 2010: 1.6; 2009: 6).
- Number of times "excess" was experienced: 0, however, we did watch a guy go smashing through a glass table full of drinks in a hotel lobby.
- Number of times we were confused as working for the French magazine: 0 (2013: 0; 2012: 1; 2011: 2).
- Evenings of Turkish take-out (Turkish pizza is amazing!): 3, we had very little time to eat proper dinner before podcasting this year. (2013: 1; 2012: 2; 2011: 3).
- Number of horse images in our hotel room: 10. Same hotel room as the past three years.
- Number of Super Joystiq Podcast guests that hung out in our hotel room: 11 (2013: 17; 2012: 13; 2011: 7).
- Number of things that went wrong during the Gamescom EA, Sony and Microsoft press conferences: 1. Complete wifi failure at the start of Sony.
- Number of times we ate at the Bier Esel (Beer Donkey): 0 (it's closed until September!) (2013:1; 2012: 3; 2011: 2).
- Number of times we had a surly waitress at the Bier Esel, but didn't care because the food was so good: 0. /cry
- Schnitzels consumed: 6.
- Number of days
Sinan KubbaLudwig Kietzmann brought rain: 5.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 500 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic, Camera / optical
- Video outputs HDMI
- Weight 6.17 lb
- Released 2013-11-15
Microsoft Xbox One