Welcome to Engadget's 2014 Best of CES Awards hub! We can't wait to see all that this year's tech fest has to offer, and we're thrilled to be the CEA's official partner for curating the best of the best live from the show floor.
January may be several weeks away, but the countdown starts now. We’re opening up the floodgates for companies to nominate their top products launching at CES 2014 for consideration. We will of course honor all NDAs for embargoed products leading up to the show, and have provided clear and transparent guidelines about the editorial process behind the awards so that nominees and CES fans alike will know exactly what to expect.
How to nominate
Companies: Have a product you'd like to submit for consideration? First, be sure to familiarize yourself with the eligibility requirements and the editorial process for the Awards. Next, head on over to the Nominate section and follow the guidelines to completing your submission.
Our editorial team will be selecting winners in 14 of the 15 following categories, with the People’s Choice Award to be determined via Engadget reader vote:
- Best Startup: The startup showing great sophistication and innovation while also demonstrating a clear path to real-world availability. Eureka Park will be a focus.
- Best Digital Health and Fitness Product: A product exhibiting the most innovative use of technology to improve users’ health and well-being. Example products include smart scales and activity monitors.
- Best Automotive Electronics Product: Technology related to the ever-advancing science of getting from here to there. Example products include infotainment systems and advances in self-driving technology.
- Best Audio Product: Technology for overall audio enjoyment. Example products include headphones and media players, along with music-playing apps and services.
- Best Video Product: This award focuses on home entertainment, with example products including displays, projectors and tuners.
- Best Software: A piece of software that stands out from the rest.
- Best Emerging Technology: The product, service or innovation that is blazing a trail in a new category that is rapidly increasing in significance.
- Best Mobile Technology: The smartphone or tablet that most impresses with its combination of specifications, design and overall ability.
- Best Gaming Product: The product that best moves forward the broad field of gaming. Example products include game-specific tablets and PCs, videogame consoles, controllers and gaming services.
- Best Offbeat Product: The product that turns heads on the International CES showfloor without necessarily fitting into any defined product category. This product may not be the best of the best at the show, but it will be one of the most talked-about.
- Best Kid-Friendly Product: The best device, technology or service intended for younger gadget-lovers.
- Best Maker-Friendly Technology: This product is geared toward the DIY/maker community. Examples include 3D printers and Arduino-like processing units.
- Best PC Award: The best laptop or desktop, judged based on its design and specifications.
- Best of the Best Award: The device, service or technology in any category that stands clearly above the rest, judged based on its innovation and design quality.
- People’s Choice Award: The product from this year’s show that most captured the hearts and minds of our readers. The winner will be determined by viewers and readers.