For some reason my desktop, after I put it into hibernate, would randomly boot back up at random times.
Do anyone know why or how this happens?
I don't think it's Windows updates, since the last time I updated was yesterday. The last time it did this to me was today. I put my computer in hibernate yesterday night. I woke up and it was still off, but I come back home from work and it's definitely back on. It's a bit frustrating to see it back on and not know what's been causing it. No one's here during the day to actually turn it on and I don't have wake on lan enabled and disabled all remote desktop software. The only think I have is some shared folders, but seeing as no one is home to use them, it shouldn't be an issue?
- Hit the Windows button, and search for "power options" and click on it when it shows up.
- Click on "change plan settings"
- Click on "change advanced power settings"
- Expand "Sleep" and select "Allow Wake Timers"
- Disable all the wake timers