Today HP released webOS 3.0.4 for the TouchPad as an over-the-air software update. Some of the notable improvements:
- An official Camera app, with video recording. Looks a lot like the one you'd find on a webOS phone, but jumbo-sized.
- The ability to pair with non-webOS phones, so you can answer calls while you're plopped on your couch with your TouchPad. Yes, it works with the iPhone.
- Support for Ogg and FLAC files in the music player, audiophiles rejoice.
- Custom IM status messages in the Messaging app.
- Improved WebKit rendering in the browser.
- Serious performance improvements. Everything feels a lot snappier (even without an overclocked kernel!) and they've polished up the UI a bit as well.
At least from my perspective, the TouchPad's selling point / saving grace is that it runs webOS, which is why I haven't installed Android on it. That's why it's nice to see another software update; though granted, webOS fans will probably take whatever scraps they can get at this point.