I just overclocked my Pre Plus this morning to 806 MHz, boy this thing is snappy!
That in combination with some patches to speed up card transition animations makes it feel like a mid 2010 device. A friend has a stock Pre and it just seems so slow.
1. Download webosQuickInstall onto your computer
2. Put your Pre into developer mode by typing upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart (you will see an icon appear, tap it and switch to on)
3. Connect your Pre to your PC and using webosQuickInstall, install Preware
4. Using Preware on your phone, install Govnah. It will install what is needed.
5. Open Govnah and change to 1ghz or 800mhz profile, or make your own!
While you're at it, check out the following patches once you install Preware:
- 4x4 Icons v5
- Battery Icon and Percent
- Delete From Notifications (lets you delete emails from notification)
- Device Menu Ultramix (cleans main dropdown menu and has many useful things, including LED flashlight)
- Faster Card Animations (make your Pre feel much snappier)
- Glass Effect (make your launcher screen look more modern and attractive)