Today ends month three of my little project (month two for those who decided to join in after my first post). A shorter month, but that's no excuse not to try. How did I do?
First, for those just joining us, a little recap of the "rules," what little there are:
- Beat or finish one game a month. This means doing what it takes to complete the main story mode and prompt a credits scroll.
- Side-quests and post-credit content are not counted in this; I'll go back and work on those at my own leisure. Same with multiple endings.
- More than one game can be finished in a month but it won't count toward future months.
- Games do not have to be finished the same month they are started.
- Games I've already stopped giving a crap about are not included in my backlog and are unlikely to be mentioned here.
- Professor Layton and the Last Specter (Nintendo DS). When I stopped commuting to work regularly I stopped playing my DS regularly, so I have a bit of a backlog to tackle. After finishing up Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors I was on a bit of a puzzle kick, so I popped this in the DS right away, figuring I was in the right state of mind and it wouldn't take long to finish. It did go by rather quickly. Unfortunately, I also seem to suck at puzzles now, as I found myself looking up hints and solutions far more often than I usually do. However, I found that even with the solutions, some puzzles still didn't make sense, which makes me wonder if they were running out of steam in the puzzle-making department. I'll find out when I finally get around to playing the 3DS installments.
Oh, I bought and am now playing Bravely Default! I like it. But man, what is up with some of those outfits?
I feel like they're trying to actively discourage me from making the female characters mages, because... ugh.
Games finished: 1
Towns flooded: 1
Soldiers stabbed in the back: lots
Civilians stabbed in the back: oops
Given that the project is to finish one game a month, I'm still on track with my original goal. I'm just a bit disappointed that I can't maintain the same pace every month, as it was making a huge dent in my backlog.
You can find me on Backloggery here: backloggery.com/lampbane/
I also made a Grouvee account: www.grouvee.com/user/Lampbane/
I'm actually liking Grouvee a lot, it basically is Goodreads for books, just with less features. One of the little touches I like is that you can have it automatically import games from your Steam account, and it will mark the unplayed ones as "Backlog." Brilliant!