[FINISH ALL THE GAMES]
and you tell me how you're doing, if you've chosen to join me on this quest of dubious usefulness but surefire satisfaction. First, for those of you just joining us or those with short memories, a quick recap:
- I have to beat or finish one game a month. This means making it through the main story mode and prompting a credits scroll.
- Uncompleted side-quests or post-ending content do not count, as I will finish them at my own leisure.
- More than one game can be finished in a month but the "bonus" completions will not count toward future months.
- Games do not have to be finished the same month they are started.
- This does not include every game in my backlog as that way lies madness. If I no longer give a crap, I'm not wasting time playing it.
- Assassin's Creed II (PS3). This is the big one for the month. I started it in January or February but didn't get a lot of chances to play it, but this past month I was able to basically plow through most of it, getting 96% of the trophies. I enjoyed it greatly and can understand why people hold it in such reverence, especially as there were a lot of steps backwards gameplay-wise with later installments in the series (gives sideeye to Assassin's Creed III, though I actually did enjoy it). I really wish I could have crouched in the game, though, and had better ways to distract guards. Also, once more, that was NOT an ending.
- The Wolf Among Us, Episodes 1 and 2 (PS3). Woo for PS+ sales, as we were able to pick up a season pass for cheap. I'm a big fan of the series (been reading since it started) so I'd been looking forward to this game for a while, and I wasn't disappointed. This was a joint play with my boyfriend; we take turns "driving" but we make decisions together. Having read the comics, our experience was probably very different from other players, since we know more about the characters and what will happen to them later (this is a prequel story).
- The Walking Dead, Season 2, Episode 1 (PS3). Another PS+ deal, and also a co-play with my boyfriend. We've played Season 1 so we've already seen some of the impact of our choices. Poor Clementine just can't catch a break (she did remember that).
- Namco High (Browser). This is a browser-based dating sim with 18 different characters to woo. I've already done two of them, and each takes about an hour, so I'm counting it. This game is cray-cray, yo. I dated Galaga. The ship. It was Juliet in the school play and wore a wig. Then I jumped inside of it so we could fly off and save Pac-Man from Evil Namco High. Nope, doesn't make much sense to me... or does it? Anyway, the company that put the game out, ShiftyLook, is being shut down, so the game is going bye-bye in June. If you're interested in checking it out while it's still around, go: namcohigh.com/
Games finished: 4
Jobs mastered: 4
Templars assassinated: A lot
Stitches: About 4 (poor Clementine!)
You can see my backlog (along with the list of games I've played in the past) on Grouvee: www.grouvee.com/user/Lampbane/