So anyway, it's time for the latest update on my quest
Six months down and still doing this! If this was a New Year's resolution, it would be the most successful attempt I've ever made. Which might be why I didn't make it a resolution, because I actually wanted to stick with it.
So how did May go? Well, first, the rules:
- Finish or beat at least one game a month. That means finishing story mode and getting the credits scroll, in games that actually have an ending.
- Screw side-quests. Got no time for that. But, I might choose to pick them back up later.
- I can finish more than one game, but they don't count toward future months. I think if they did, I'd be "done" for the year already and that wouldn't be very interesting, would it?
- My backlog is only games I care about finishing, not every game I never finished.
I did, however, finish:
- Last Window: The Secret of Cape West (DS). I mentioned last month that I was in the last chapter, just a few puzzles away from finishing it but ran out of time. I did wrap it up the very next day, with about an hour left to go. I enjoyed the game, though I found the puzzles maybe just a tad too easy at times. It's a shame the studio is gone, and that they'll never localize Another Code: R in the US (and I can't import it as easily as I did Last Window since it's a Wii game).
- Analogue: A Hate Story (Windows). Last week I realized I was going to close out the month with only one game under my belt, so I fired this one up, knowing I could finish it in a couple of hours. I've been interested in trying out Christine Love's work for a while. I enjoyed the story, but the mix of mechanics is what really impressed me -- I especially enjoyed the parts where you're using the command-line interface, and have to figure out the right sequence of commands. So there was both a nostalgic component and a puzzle component to it.
Games finished: 2
Hotels stayed at: 3 (but only 1 in a game)
Computers hacked: 1
AI romances: 1
My backlog, as always, is available for viewing here: www.grouvee.com/user/Lampbane/