So after using it for a day, I can safely say that I am getting better battery life as well. The battery was at 50% this morning and I played games, used the web extensively, on wifi and off, used DropBox, and messaged a lot. Right now it's still in the green at somewhere above 25%.
Yeah my battery life has been *definitely* extended. Gave it a full charge Friday at 5pm and right now I've still got 25% left. And that's even with some light web browsing, email reading (and constantly syncing in the background) and 15m of Angry Birds. Previously with that use case I was needing to charge my phone every night.
I'm wondering if they fixed the longstanding screen issue where it would always draw power even when the display is off.
I definitely think that they fixed the display bug. Previously on the battery usage screen, display was always taking up 80% of the battery. Now? 30%.
Something has definitely been fixed somewhere.
Just did it. So nice to have a refreshed phone. First impressions: it's slgihtly quicker and the keyboard is much better. Also, way better gaming performance. Whoa.
Gaming on this thing is crazy fast. Damn.
Quick initial thoughts:
- I like being able to know how I'm at the start/end of the list.
- The entire system feels a lot faster.
- The locking animation is neat, if a bit gimmicky.
- The black on green theme is a bit hard on the eyes.
- Trying to select text in the browser is still painful, despite them giving us proper bars to grab and scrapping the little mouse cursor that used to be there.