The post got me thinking a bit about some of the apps I continue to use throughout my time using computers. Shockingly the list isn't as long as I expected, but I definitely can recall some.
- AIM - first started using AIM proper in '98/'99 while signing via NetZero when AOL would be too much of a pain to sign onto. This may not count though since I've moved onto Pidgin/Adium, but I'll count it
- Photoshop - I think I first used a copy of Photoshop in 2002, though it may have been earlier.
- Microsoft Word - I think regular use started to happen around '98, but it may have been sooner
- iTunes (Yes, I actually use iTunes thankyouverymuch) - 2003 when iTunes first launched on Windows, I was so excited. I installed it, missed the checkbox for "auto-manage my music" and proceeded to spend the next 10 days organizing all of my music
- Firefox - I really forget when I first started using this, but I'm thinking sometime around 2004 when it first made the name change