What are the issues that bother you the most regarding iOS 5? (we'll try getting Apple to fix them!)
Anyway, there's no denial that iOS 5 still has some rather serious issues in it.
Personally, the one that bothers me the most is the iMessage issue (gdgt.com/question/imessage-how-to-properly-receive...). iMessages that are directed to your cell number, only arrive at your iPhone and not your iPad, which kind of defeats the whole point of this feature. I am also annoyed by the fact that flagging messages on Exchange mail accounts doesn't seem to work - it comes out as "unread" (once again - a new feature, more minor though, that doesn't seem to work well). I have also experienced some problems with the new Twitter integration (multitasking when composing a tweet usually erases most of it).
Have you been experiencing any annoying issues with the new OS? What are the ones that bother you the most?
Please try being clear and elaborate. Hopefully, we can get this list delivered to Apple and these issues will be fixed in the upcoming updates.
Update: Please describe the bugs in the following format so we can post them to Apple's bug report site (thanks to cgraham for helping with this)
Provide a descriptive summary of the issue.
2.Steps to Reproduce:
In numbered format, detail the exact steps taken to produce the bug.
3. Expected Results:
Describe what you expected to happen when you executed the steps above.
4. Actual Results:
Explain what actually occurred when steps above were executed.
Describe circumstances where the problem occurs or does not occur, such as software versions and/or hardware configurations.
Provide additional information, such as references to related problems, workarounds and relevant attachments.
if you are an Apple developer you can do it yourself over: bugreport.apple.com
This is Apple's specified format for filing a bug report:
- Provide a descriptive summary of the issue.
- Steps to Reproduce:
- In numbered format, detail the exact steps taken to produce the bug.
- Expected Results:
- Describe what you expected to happen when you executed the steps above.
- Actual Results:
- Explain what actually occurred when steps above were executed.
- Describe circumstances where the problem occurs or does not occur, such as software versions and/or hardware configurations.
- Provide additional information, such as references to related problems, workarounds and relevant attachments.
2. Steps to reproduce - Launch safari, open any web page, select print command, select printer, no printers found.
3. Expected results - previously when selecting a printer, my winXP attached printer would be listed and could be selected. It would then print as expected.
4. Actual Results - No Airprint printers are found.
5. Regression - Occurs after iOS5 update. Printer is an HP printer attached via USB to a pc running winXP. Airprint for windows was installed, and after initial configuration has worked perfectly for several months.
6. Notes - Additional Information
Many windows users are reporting this problem with iOS5 and Airprint for windows. I have since found a solution by a 3rd party developer. I installed the trial version of Finger Print by Collobos Software. It downloaded and installed in less than a minute, works perfectly, and adds additional functionality that Airprint for windows did not have. I may have to pay the $9.99 license fee when the trial runs out.
The ordering is according to "most recently used". Hence, if you want an app to show first, just switch to it for a moment. If you want another one to show among the first, switch to it next (then - the most recent one will appear first, and the previous one will appear second).
The gestures themselves behave according to the order of the "multi-tasking bar".
4 users following this discussion:
This discussion has been viewed 2216 times.
Last activity .