What will Samsung announce at its "Be Ready 4 the Next Galaxy" event?
Samsung's latest major launch is just a day away. And while all rumors seem to point to the Galaxy S IV as the star attraction, the manufacturer is remaining mum on the specifics for now. What will Samsung actually roll out tomorrow? And what will the "Next Galaxy" offer to compete with new smartphones like the HTC One? We'll be on hand tomorrow to find out. In the meantime, tell us what you expect, and share your Next Galaxy wish list!
As an android device, it is the best in many fields.
1. You can remove the battery for any purpose. (Reboot from freeze, change battery...)
2. You can add an SD card up to 64GB, so you end up with a 128GB phone for videos and music.
3. Plastic cover, plastic is flexible and absorb better the heat than glass or aluminum. It also absorbs phones waves in a better way.
4. It has a 13MP camera with new features that are more usefull than instagram. ( ;-) )
5. They added tons of software improvements that still need to be tried out, as Nitehawk said.
I think it's more of what Samsung users want. The eye tracking aspect is very cool, but I'm unsure of it's actual implementation. Just one of those things that until you use it, you're not sure if it's any good or useful.
The not actually touching the screen is okay, but doesn't seem to have any real advantages that they leveraged it into. It's not like you can change songs in your pocket by rubbing your pants or whatever so again, I'm suspicious of the experience before people are actually utilizing it. Maybe it's good for using a thick case and controlling your phone with thick gloves?
Also, I heard the event was very strange with the pre-show full of giggling women in strange outfits and such. Not very mainstream, but maybe it's a Korean thing and it's like how Sony bakes in some Japanese flavor for their Playstation events.
The phone has all the right specs for android. Large screen, lots of horsepower and memory and some punchline tech to make an upgrade worthwhile for other Android users.