- Speed and features Celeron, 2GB RAM, 5400 RPM HDD. Fine but not about to win any awards for speed.
- Design and form factor Kind of cheap feeling, but ok for an 11-inch laptop
- Battery life As advertised, this only gets about 3 hours
- Display Nothing to write home about
- Durability Plastic. I'd be wary of dropping this too often.
- Expandability Good for a Chromebook. Can upgrade RAM, HDD, and battery is removable, so there's always the option of an aftermarket spare or extended version.
- Noise Not fanless. But not too loud either.
- Portability (size / weight) Good size, weight. Not as light as Samsung Chromebook, but reasonable netbook-type form factor.
Should you buy a C7? If you're only going to use Chrome OS, I'd probably recommend spending an extra $50 and getting the Samsung. It's lighter, has longer battery life, and is better designed. But if you're looking for a dirt cheap laptop to run Ubuntu (and maybe even Windows), you're not going to find a better deal than the C7.
5 people find this review helpful