A recent post on the website Read Write Web discusses the remote control, and how the author feels it needs to "die." Over the course of the article, there are points made with regards to the current implementations of remote controls and their pitfalls, including:
- Rather than evolve with televisions, remotes just got bulkier
- Navigating endless amount of channels is cumbersome due excessive button pressing
For starters it relies on a cellphone, tablet or computer, which I guess is fine considering how often people are around them. The flip side is that it severely... Read more →
- new iPad
- new iPad mini
- Availability dates for OS X Mavericks and the unique-looking Mac Pro
- Perhaps some new Macbook Pro or Mac mini refreshes?
- Route around the cable and satellite providers and offer something that works with your existing set-top box while layering in online services (like Nintendo's TVii or Google TV);
- Partner with the cable and satellite providers and offer a set-top box of its own;...
If you haven’t heard of Aereo before it’s probably because they’re a new company focusing on the New York metro area but it’s something you should be paying attention to. Aereo is a company that is taking over-the-air (OTA) broadcasts*** and making them available to you from anywhere via iPad, iPhone, Safari on Mac, AppleTV and Roku (Android, PC and additional device support coming this summer). From the Aereo press... Read more →
So with Google now taking the time to re-engineer, I was thinking what it would need to be successful, and I am interested in your opinions on this too.
I feel that the Nexus Q... Read more →
I was wondering if one device was better than others in terms of featureset and performance for the 2012 version of the MLB app when connected to a 1080p HD TV.
- New UI
- Photo stream support
- iTunes Match
- ...and still only $99