- Picture quality No comments
- Design and form factor No comments
- Inputs No comments
The only adjustment is tilt, but I found the height is good; it's top is exactly the same height as the old book-raised 17" it replaced was.
Zero dead pixels in about 4,000,000. It does suffer from zombie subpixels that stay on while they should be off. Those get worse (larger number and higher brightness) over time, so be sure to get AppleCare and get it replaced before it's three years old. Then be sure you don't get a scratched, dented and soiled refurbished one...
- antiglare coating is too coarse when new. a couple of polishings may make it better, but it's annoying.
- CCFL lighting needs to warm up for a couple of minutes, so LED refresh would be nice
- speaking of temperature, it gets really warm, as radiating warmth. It uses about 140 Watt. Another reason to go LED.
- Speakers? Microphone? Camera? When?
- only two USB ports? Could we get maybe 8? Or 28? It would fit and I can find uses for them.
- firewire? in this day and age? Why?
1 person found this review helpful