- Reception and call quality Holding the iPhone 4 with your hand covering the bottom left area of the antenna causes a dramatic decrease in reception, sometimes dropping your call entirely.
- Display It has the sharpest looking screen I've ever seen on a mobile device. Super high resolution. Looking at it from a normal distance, you can't see the pixel grid.
- Battery life Battery life is much better than the iPhone 3GS. I can actually make it through a full work day without the battery dying out.
- Camera No comments
- Ease of use No comments
- Design and form factor It's an incredibly sleek device. It's a shame to have to cover it up with a case to solve the reception issue.
- Portability (size / weight) No complaints about the weight of the phone, it feels solid. It's really thin, but not so thin that it's uncomfortable to hold in your hand.
- Media support No Flash support obviously, but I can't say I miss it. All of the videos I want to watch work just fine, and all of my media syncs flawlessly with iTunes.
- Durability The front and back are coated in glass; if you drop it, you're in trouble. Apple says the glass is quite scratch-resistant but that doesn't seem to be the case.
- Ecosystem (apps, accessories, etc.) There's no denying that iOS has the largest selection of apps out of any smartphone platform. Accessories have been a little slow to hit the market.
11 people find this review helpful
Edited comment on Display
Edited comment on Durability
Reception and call quality rating changed from 3 to 2