- Reception and call quality when i have full bars on but sprint and Verizon the phone sounded good and data was good my issues have been with the carrier and their signal strength.
- Display this is the 5th version of the phone. the display is great for its size but i feel it is due for a larger display.
- Battery life No comments
- Camera No comments
- Ease of use iOS 5 is great to use very easy and responsive and easy to pick up.
- Design and form factor No comments
- Portability (size / weight) No comments
- Media support No comments
- Durability No comments
- Ecosystem (apps, accessories, etc.) Movies, Podcasts, TV Shows, Music, apps, Music Videos, apps and more apps. the one bug thing in the iPhones favor is the ecosystem.
Hardware wise its faster, works on Sprint now as well as the big 2. there is only one model instead 2 different models for each carrier. The stand out hardware upgrade i feel is the camera. its faster takes better pictures. they went to a 8MegaPixel and and some other improvements to make the photo and video taking a much better experience.
Software wise iOS 5 was a much needed refresh for the iOS and fixed some of its nagging issues like notifications. the big winner here though is the new feature called Siri which is the new voice interaction tool that works surprising well for something they are saying is still in Beta.
Over all a good device and mostly an incremental upgrade from apple for this device.
if asked by family would i recommend they buy this new device i would say if they were upgrading from any other iPhone other than the 4. if they have the phone stick with it for now as its still a solid device and the 4s does not in my opinion offer enough to justify moving from the 4 to the 4s.
1 person found this review helpful