- Speed and features Flash storage, USB 3, Thunderbolt, and I bumped up to 8GB RAM = FAST!! Lots of great features in the OS & hardware.
- Design and form factor Trackpad is amazing. It's light, thin, and sturdy. And beautiful.
- Battery life I get many hours if I'm doing normal things (browsing the web, writing), but when the processor ramps up for large WiFi transfers or VMs, eats battery faster.
- Display It might not be retina, but it's sharper than what most ultrabooks have. Bright.
- Durability Seems solid, but I am worried that if I have some hardware issue I'll be out of luck because there's almost nothing I can do to fix it. Few repair options.
- Expandability After you purchase it, you can increase the SSD (maybe) or buy peripherals. But if you're looking for expandability: why would you even think of an Air?
- Noise Fan is usually silent, but when I have a VM running, it can get pretty loud.
- Portability (size / weight) It seems to weigh less than my iPad because the weight is so distributed.
In addition to the notes I wrote above, I just want to mention that the speakers are incredible - much better sound quality than the speakers on my 2-year old Vaio Y (which I used to think was thin, but now!).
I am new to OSX, but I am happy with most of what OSX offers so far. WIth 8GB of RAM, it also runs both a WIndows 7 virtual machine very well and Ubuntu 12.04 machine pretty well in Parallels
3 people find this review helpful
Edited comment on Speed and features