- Speed and features It is very speedy for such a small device.
- Design and form factor Amazing Design, compared it to the Air and the Zenbook wins in my personal preference.
- Battery life 7 Hours with Windows 7. Windows 8/Linux will be even better.
- Display The Display has 170DPI (Retina is achieved with 160DPI!) and is totally Anti-Glare.
- Durability Build in a Aluminum Unibody... it is as durable as a Macbook.
- Expandability RAM is soldered. SSD is hard to replace...
- Noise With the newest Bios the Fan is very quite and only gets louder when playing games... but still acceptable.
- Portability (size / weight) What can I say... I don't know when it is in my backpack.
This is the best Notebooks that I've ever seen and I even compared it with the Retina-Macbook. The Display is totally amazing and puts the Retina-Display to shame, simply because it is totally anti-glare. The viewing expierence on this Notebooks is amazing and I cant compare it to anything I've seen before. Every other aspect of this Notebooks is altough great, because of its SSD and fast CPU every process is done in seconds and the Metal-Design is unique. The Trackpad is altough very good especially with Windows 8.
The only complain I have is that RAM cant be upgraded and the SSD is as hard to replace as with the Macbook Air. If you want the same machine (but upgradable), you should stick with the UX32VD which is a little bit thicker and has no Unibody, but has a standard HDD and RAM that can be replaced by the user, it altough has a discrete graphics card. Every other attribute is the same as with the UX31A.
0 people find this review helpful
Edited comment on Expandability
Edited comment on Portability (size / weight)
Edited comment on Noise
Edited comment on Durability
Edited comment on Display
Edited comment on Speed and features
Edited comment on Design and form factor
Edited comment on Battery life