- Reception and call quality No dropped calls, and in some instances I've noticed distinctly better clarity. It may have been with other Z10 friends, I'm not sure.
- Display Display is much more vibrant than my Galaxy Nexus.
- Battery life I can get through most of the day, something a bit beefier would be nice. It is removable though.
- Camera Low light is a bit grainy, but doesn't appear much different than most other cameras I've seen. The timeshift feature is cool
- Ease of use I found it took a little bit to get used to at first, but very quickly felt very natural and enjoyable to use.
- Design and form factor I love the look of this device, it feels great to hold and wont slip. The rounded corners are perfect for landscape as well.
- Portability (size / weight) For me it feels like the perfect size.
- Media support DLNA support, availability to copy files wireless over the standard Windows File Sharing. Video and Photo editors built work great for basic edits
- Durability It is a big piece of glass I guess. I have dropped it a few times already. Minor scuffs on the frame resulted from a drop on concrete.
- Ecosystem (apps, accessories, etc.) Apps seem to be piling in fast, I've side loaded a few Android apps that weren't there initially and they work fine. A couple neat addons, like the BT speaker
I really like the design. When I first saw it had BlackBerry printed on the front I didn't like it, but honestly, it really helps determine the correct orientation of the phone when you pick it up. So I guess I aesthetically I'd prefer it wasn't there, but at least its useful since it is. That I think is my only design complaint. Its comfortable to hold any way and the OS is designed where I can reach most things easily with one hand.
There are still a few apps missing that I want, but I haven't missed them too much. A couple I was able to side load Android versions which work just fine, but don't take advantage of some of the native features.
Many of the first party apps are great, Facebook and Twitter integration works well, I can easily share content. I found the BBM video stuff fine, I actually use BBM voice more, but the screen sharing feature is handy at times! I couldn't find something on a webpage and I friend turned on screen sharing and showed me exactly where to find it!
Battery life for me has been great, a lot better than I expected from some of the early reviews. I wonder if maybe the software was tuned a bit between the review units and the launch.
All in all, its a big change for BlackBerry, and there are some cool unique features that just work great for how I use a smartphone.
3 people find this review helpful