- Image quality Excellent image quality for a mirrorless camera. Canon may not have started this race with the best horse out of the gate but they have a shot in the long run.
- Video quality No comments
- Battery life Not the best battery life. Coming from a Rebel, I now need to make sure the battery is always charged.
- Design and form factor Love the design. Feels incredibly solid in the hand. Could use a more comfortable grip but size is a factor.
- Durability So far so good. Seems very solid.
- Speed (start-up time, lag) Its okay, takes about a second from start up to ready.
- Ease of use Very easy to use. Has a very good touch interface. Definitely could have more manual dials/controls but this is geared towards the novice photographer.
I got sick and tired of trying to preserve memories with a 8MP smartphone camera. Quality is important.
This camera was on sale for $300 in a kit with the 22mm F2.0 from B&H a couple weeks ago and I jumped on it. I would not pay full price however because there are better cameras in this category.
I bought the Canon EF to EF-M adapter to use with my other Canon lenses and everything worked flawlessly.
Also, the new firmware works very well. Autofocus is fairly decent. I have had a couple issues randomly but would always hit focus bang on.
Overall, I am incredibly impressed.
0 people find this review helpful