- Image quality Sharp, crisp images straight from the camera . At high ISO nice film-like grain when developed in Lightroom. Nice film simulation modes.
- Video quality Very good footage quality, but you can hear the zooming motor of the lens sometimes.
- Battery life It's good, but I'd recommend buying additional battery for these longer all day long walks.
- Design and form factor It's quite small, focuses fast and the "silent mode" makes it great for candid street photography
- Durability The build quality is very good, the camera feels durable in hand.
- Speed (start-up time, lag) Very fast start-up time for a compact camera. No shutter lag.
- Ease of use Different operation modes - from point&shoot to fully manual. Great manual controls (except for manual focusing...).
The main fault is the manual focusing - practically useless, unless for precise focusing during macro shots (you have to turn little wheel-dial on the back of the camera to adjust the focus manually). I wish that camera had a focusing ring on the lens.
I would highly recommend this camera to DSLR owners who are looking for a secondary small camera for everyday use. It's also great for street photography (small camera size and "silent mode" with no shutter sound at all).
0 people find this review helpful