- Reception and call quality great call quality ... best loudspeaker... Boomsound is revolutionary
- Display regarding size and quality it's best screen..at first I was afraid that 5" would be large for a smartphone but it ends up that they fitted the screen very well.
- Battery life it completes the day with me... no need to carry the charger again.
- Camera I love the HDR shots I took using the M8. The front facing shooter is perfect.... It's a selfie machine!..
- Ease of use I type English and Arabic. The phone has a built in swype feature... English is easy to type with nearly no errors. While Arabic needs some improvements.
- Design and form factor amazed by the elegant design and the superior construction of the device. I've the gunmetal grey color...The backside brushed metal is gorgeous! It's eye catchy
- Portability (size / weight) it fits well in my hands... at first I was afraid that 5" would be large for a smartphone but it ends up that they fitted the screen very well
- Media support The front facing speakers are the finest quality speakers I experie... noticably louder than the One M7 and the Note 3.
- Durability extremely durable... screen is scratch resistant coated with gorilla glass 3... no need for screen protectors.
- Ecosystem (apps, accessories, etc.) Best android UI is Sense... take it for granted.
I've the gunmetal grey color...The backside brushed metal is gorgeous! It's eye catchy to all my family and friends.
Software & UI:
Sense 6 is an ok upgrade for the earlier Sense.
Icons became more flatter "trend for all vendors now"
It's easily customizable, snappy fast ... and isn't RAM hungry as my previous Note 3.
Blinkfeed became my primary news source... I update it through WiFi in the morning... and read the news offline throughout the day "using offline reading feature".
Sense 6 added the ability to change system fonts... but actually I prefer the default font.
The phone gets a bit warm upon using intensive apps and 3D games for a long time.
I love Wallpapers of the homescreen... nicely done.
There are some features like "raising phone to ear to auto answer calls"... it's a fancy feature that I use always.
The front facing speakers are the finest quality speakers I experienced on any smartphone.
Guess what... they are even better without the beats audio integration... noticably louder than the One M7 and the Note 3.
It's not only about louder sounds ... but the quality is really superior.
Battery life is very important for me.... I work in a 12-hours shifts schedule... with no nearby power outlets.
I'm always 3G connected to update my e-mail, check facebook & twitter, whatsapp texting etc.
When I was using the One M7 I had to rationalize my usage... turn off mobile data sometimes... lower brightness.
But using the new One M8 ... I don't even think about turning of my 3G data.... thanks to the new Snapdragon 801 SoC.
Watching a 2 hour movie, drains only 24% of the battery which is excellent.
Even when the battery reaches the red zone... I activate the extreme power saving mode... till I get home.
On that mode... 10% of juice is sufficient to keep the M8 alive for 1 day.
I'm not a professional photographer,
I love the HDR shots I took using the M8.
The front facing shooter is perfect.... It's a selfie machine!.... It's the highest quality front facing camera I've ever experienced.
(Comarping to Samsung S3, Note 3, HTC One M7 and iPhone 4s)
I was amazed by the low light shooting capabilities .... the device doesn't even need the flash to fire in low light.... and the results are always good!
Panorama shots are fascinating and easy to shoot.
Minimum focusing distance for marco shots isn't so good.
Portraits are very good... portraits I shoot resemble shots from professional cameras.
U Focus "bokeh effect" results are sometimes fascinating and sometimes unnatural.
My previous smartphones:
HTC Sensation XL, Samsung Galaxy S3, iPhone 4S, HTC One M7, Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
1 person found this review helpful