- Reception and call quality No comments
- Display No comments
- Battery life It gets me through the day, but I need to keep a charger with me...
- Camera Not the best out there... but decent nonetheless
- Ease of use Windows Phone 8 gets out of the way for me... and I enjoy how easy it is to navigate and use
- Design and form factor Holding this phone in your hand, with the soft-matte finish, makes it's feel like it's an extension of your hand. Feels amazing.
- Portability (size / weight) feels smaller than it is.. and more personal because of soft-matte finish. really like it!
- Media support WP8 doesn't do great job of including a video store, but for audio and podcasts it's great.
- Durability Feels very durable... and well-made
- Ecosystem (apps, accessories, etc.) The apps that are on Windows Phone 8 are awesome; that said there aren't that many apps yet; but I think more will be coming...
It feels smaller in-hand than it is; this has to do with the tapered edges as well as the soft-matte finish that grips to your hand. The camera is not the best but decent. The screen is very nice.
What Microsoft has built is a well-designed and thoughtful platform. They have a great 'skeleton' but now they need developers to come along and write meaningful apps for the platform. Hardware has reached parity with Android/iOS; and for the first time software has as well.
Everything flows beautifully and is well-integrated; and I really feel like MS is innovating and not copying other platforms.
I'm a fan... and I think it's a forward thinking platform that will develop beautifully.
0 people find this review helpful
Updated detailed review