- Reception and call quality No comments
- Display Not too much to say its a fantastic display that is very well proportioned and sized 16:9 & 4.3 inches respectively
- Battery life First smartphone so hard to judge, its good i guess. Also been working it hard new phone and all. its good i guess a whole day of pretty well continuous fondle
- Camera haven't used it yet really but heard its good and the few photos I have taken have come out well
- Ease of use Fine, windows phone is just as easy as any other system, there are some quirks with the back button though, it takes you back on an OS level.
- Design and form factor design looks the business, I don't think it looks especially like the Lumia. One pain is the lock on the top, minor really but if your OCD something to consider
- Portability (size / weight) its light enough that its not heavy but heavy enough to tell your carrying it. lock screen button takes getting used to though.
- Media support Almost everything I had on zune works here... Podcasts don't work outside of USA, so you'll need an 3rd party app. I hear Itunes is different but don't have it.
- Durability hard to say so soon but everything seems alright, and this is a naked 8X nothing protecting anything
- Ecosystem (apps, accessories, etc.) Apps aren't totally there yet but that shouldn't be a surprise to windows phone buyer. I got what I wanted but, still something you know.
Whilst there are issues like Xbox video sync and Podcasts needing separate apps, these are limited, and having receive an OS update to fix bugs and introduce always on wifi and text replies last night it is clear that Microsoft is intent on remedying these bugs. It has all the apps that I have so far been looking for. Overall just really like the phone, its a major step up from my old Samsung F480i
Bought this unlocked (European model), Am currently running it on Vodafone Australia.
0 people find this review helpful
Edited comment on Camera
Edited comment on Display