- Reception and call quality It's not as good as my Z30 and more on par with my iPhone. Acceptable. But not the best.
- Display Perfectly acceptable. But JUST shy of the PPI's we've become used to. This is not a problem.
- Battery life This is better than my iPhone that runs through 2 full charges a day, but not quite up to my BlackBerry Z30 that lasts a day and a bit even with heavy use.
- Camera Photos are okay. Video is not that great, but this is a Beta version and with Software tweaking, I'm sure it will improve.
- Ease of use This is NOT easy to use. I was very excited about the UI when I saw it demonstrated, everyday use found me struggling. Perhaps with more practice?
- Design and form factor Excellent design. It manages to look elegant and feel playful at the same time. I can tell it's really good quality. We'll done.
- Portability (size / weight) Perfect size for me. Weight is not a problem. I really like it.
- Media support Supports whatever songs or videos you want. SD card is a good touch too.
- Durability This remains to be seen. Compared to iPhone, I feel I could probably through this around a little more, but it's no BlackBerry.
- Ecosystem (apps, accessories, etc.) Really bad. I know it's a new platform, but no cross platform messaging like whatsapp/bbm in the app store. No "built-in" email client either. Hope it improves
At the moment, I'm using a BlackBerry Z30 as my main device and an iphone when I need an app. I have used android a lot and was disappointed by the UI and the lack of a unified inbox. The same issues with the iPhone. I LOVE the Z30 and was ready to give it up for something a little more exciting.
All I can say is that this phone is NOT ready. I like the hardware. I really like a lot. But it pains me to say that the OS, even with all its really good ideas, needs a LOT of work still. From big things like no "built in" email support to little things like the keyboard obscuring your typing. For now, it's not yet there. But I do appreciate the little guy making a stand and creating beautiful hardware and challenging the big guns.
2 people find this review helpful