- Sound quality For a lower end set the sound is surprisingly well balanced, equivalent to some of the nicer midrange in ear headphones.
- Design and form factor Simple and fairly classy design, the chrome finish on the earpieces isn't to my taste though.
- Comfort Extremely light and comfortable to my ears. I can wear them for hours and hardly even notice they are present.
- Noise isolation Passive noise isolation, but it works splendidly. I live in Philadelphia where it can get quite loud and I rely on the noise isolation to block it all out.
- Durability I can't be completely certain of this since I have only had them for about a month but the cords seem pretty flimsy compared to the Shure headphones I last had.
The cord does seem relatively thin and potentially weak, though I haven't experienced any problems yet. The sound is fairly well balanced especially for the price. The bass is nice but a lack of well defined highs can leave music sounding a little muddy sometimes. If you are looking for reference monitors look someplace else, but for the low price these provide much better sound than any bundled headphones you are going to get.
Music controls are great and follow the conventions Apple uses. I find this extremely useful as I listed to music while walking to and from work as well as anywhere else I may go every day. I haven't done any testing with the microphone, though I wouldn't expect to much from it. It is unpowered and therefore won't do much in the way of filtering extraneous noise, also it is positioned on the back of the controls and reaches down to my collar bone while wearing; this doesn't seem particularly conducive to picking up my voice with any accuracy. The headphones do come with a wire clip, however, that should allow you to position the microphone a little bit better for calls. Still, don't expect too much from it.
1 person found this review helpful