- Reception and call quality Clear sound and reception. The antenna also seems more powerful and I get better signal at places where the signal was not that great with my previous phone
- Display Crisp display.. videos and images look good... however, while playing certain games, the red colors look more prominent
- Battery life The best battery life of any smartphone I have come across ever !!! Went over a full weekend (from Saturday morning to Sunday evening) with 20% juice left
- Camera Camera is ok... pictures tend to be a little grainy
- Ease of use No comments
- Design and form factor super sleek and slim, love the slight angles at the 4 corners.. avoids from giving it a "boxy" look.
- Portability (size / weight) lighter than the Droid X I was on previously... despite a larger battery. I am a big fan of the 4.3" form factor
- Media support Still need a good stock composite media player. Waiting for it to be upgraded to Ice Cream Sandwich
- Durability with the gorilla glass and kevlar back.. I have only put on a screen protector.. no case... sealed edges supposedly make it somewhat water resistant
- Ecosystem (apps, accessories, etc.) I am a big fan of the Android ecosystem... The Motorola accessories for the RAZR MAXX seem good.. have not tried anything yet. Need more support for headphones
The antenna seems more powerful than the DroidX I had been using in the past... I get better signal in some places where I used to have only a couple of bars previously. The 4G is blazing fast.... where I get a 4G signal... luckily the Bay area is mostly well covered by Verizon's 4G network... but there are a few bald spots. Transition from wi-fi to cellular data is fast, and the GPS also gets a quick fix to satellites.
Screen is crisp and clear, pictures and videos look good....however there is a touch too much of a red hue in certain games.
So far... the only downside to this phone is that it runs Gingerbread... and seems like there will be a wait before I can get Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0). Despite the locked bootloader, I have been able to root the phone (thanks to the active developer community). If a good ICS based ROM for the Razr makes its appearance... I might give it a shot :-)
1 person found this review helpful