- Game library Only the built in simple mini-games. The IR connection to PokÃ©mon Heart Gold and Soul Silver is cool though.
- Graphics The simple B/W screen has worse graphics then the GB PokÃ©mon games.
- Battery life It has potentially months of battery life. Maybe years with limited use.
- Portability (size / weight) Small, slim and with a handy clip you soon for get its even on you.
- Durability The simple design is clearly kid proof.
The PokÃ©walker is fairly hard to fake out, if it is shaken quickly it will count the first 100 shakes then every 4th shake there after.
The PokÃ©radar lets you find pokÃ©mon and get into simple battles with limited mechanics and only four HP a pokÃ©mon.
The Dowsing Machine gives you two guess to find an item in 6 patches of grass with a hint after the first guess.
The PokÃ©walker has a 7 day history, reseting steps at midnight, and fantastic integration with the main game all captured pokÃ©mon and found items are transfered over. PokÃ©mon returning from the PokÃ©walker gain one level and increased happiness.
As hinted to in the summary it takes approximatively a 1000 miles worth of steps to unlock all the levels. Which takes 200 days at 10,000 steps per day. I hope some time next year that I will have hit that mark.
1 person found this review helpful
Rated Durability a 5
Edited comment on Durability
Rated Portability (size / weight) a 5
Edited comment on Portability (size / weight)
Edited comment on Battery life
Rated Battery life a 5
Edited comment on Graphics
Rated Graphics a 1
Edited comment on Game library
Rated Game library a 2
Updated detailed review