- Reception and call quality Sounds GREAT. Noise cancelling Mic seems to work really well.
- Display Its perfect. In my opinion it looks better than the Retina display. 60fps when scrolling? Amazingly smooth.
- Battery life So far, It's pretty well. No problem getting through a work day. Just need to make sure you don't have wifi SEARCHING on the go! (as with other phones, too)
- Camera For video its incredible. Photos look great after the update Nokia just pushed. Still has crappy white balance though when set to auto.
- Ease of use Windows phone 8 is super simple. The Lumia makes it even better. Lack of apps makes it harder to use, switching to IE for webapps, back to desktop versions etc
- Design and form factor It looks amazing I love to look at it. Its a bit tall, so typing landscape is a hassle, but portrait, its perfect!
- Portability (size / weight) After using it for awhile, and then using an iPhone 4, I realized that the weight placement actually makes it FEEL lighter than the iPhone 4.
- Media support Windows seemlessly converts videos when needed. No problems with media. 32GB for 100$!?
- Durability Seems like I could drop it off of a roof and it would survive. The screen is seriously THICK.
- Ecosystem (apps, accessories, etc.) Accessories like the wireless charger and wireless headphones and such are great. As for apps? Windows Phone 8 needs more apps end of story.
it needs many touchups as a package deal with WP8, BUT the phone itself is incredibly fast, sleek, powerful. No objections there. Also, IE10 Kicks safari's ass! NEVER did I think I'd ever say that.
1 person found this review helpful
Edited comment on Portability (size / weight)
Design and form factor rating changed from 4 to 5
Camera rating changed from 4 to 5
Reception and call quality rating changed from 4 to 5
Edited comment on Reception and call quality
Updated detailed review