- Features No comments
- Display No comments
- Battery life No comments
- Ease of use No comments
- Storage capacity No comments
- Design and form factor No comments
- Portability (size / weight) No comments
- Durability No comments
Things that swayed me toward the Nexus 10 rather than the iPad
- GPS - You can only get GPS in the iPad with the 3G/4G models. Why pay over $129 extra for a feature I am never going to use (I.E. a cell contract). A GPS comes standard in the Nexus.
- Memory - The Nexus has 2x the memory of the iPad at the same price point - $499. That was a no brainer.
GDGT should really do an amended review and adjust the score. The APP ecosystem has come a long way in the last couple of months let alone since the launch.
The area most lacking in the Nexus (and all android devices) is the lack of music production apps. This is due to really high in to out audio latency experienced with Android. The iPad has the Nexus beat hands down here. Sonoma Wire has announced that they have tackled the issue (just announced at NAMM). Hopefully, this will change in the near future. For the time being, I could live without it and borrow my wife's IOS device for my guitar playing.
In the end, the specs on these devices are so close it really boils down to what you are going to do with it. If you already live outside Apple's app ecosystem then you would have no issues with the Nexus.
2 people find this review helpful