- Image quality an inch sensor inside a compact camera! with a Carl Zeiss lens f1.8 Need I say more!
- Video quality I have not used it much however it seems quite good, sound is not that good and you can't easily add an external mic since there is no hot shoe
- Battery life lasts for days
- Design and form factor solid build with an aluminium body, however quite hard to grip
- Durability so far only the Zeiss label is peeling the color has not faded, nor have the buttons
- Speed (start-up time, lag) quite fast, Iv seen faster
- Ease of use really easy to use, maybe a bit too easy??!!
Compared to all my other cameras they are far exceeded in quality by the RX100 however so does the price.
The price is the only down side to this camera, that and the upgraded camera the RX100 2. However now there is an update this camera has now become more affordable, and if you can manage without the tilted screen, nfc, wifi and hot shoe it is definitely worth going for this one.
The only bad thing with this camera, apart from the lack of viewfinder, is that it is hard to grip, so a bit dodgy to grip in one hand.
GET THIS CAMERA IF YOU CAN!!
I have done a lot of research into all types of cameras as I run a gadget advice website which uses a quiz to advise what gadgets people should get. One of the quizzes I have written is a camera quiz which looks at all different types and models of cameras to advise the best one:
2 people find this review helpful