How can I upgrade my micro sd card in my smart phone without losing current apps/info?
I don't know if Android has a registry (like Windows) that would prevent something like this, but it seems like it would work.
Clicking the mark as good answer button helps us highlight the best answers.
- I would move all your apps back to to the phone first.
- If you're using a 3rd party browser or SMS program I would create back ups of each of them. I can't say how to do it because each browser and SMS program is different.
- If you're using a custom launcher I would create a back up of your current settings and layout.
- Connect your phone to your computer and copy the entire contents of the SD card to a folder on your computer.
- Disconnect the phone, turn it off, remove the SD card, insert new SD card and turn the phone back on
- When the SD card is ready re-connect the phone to the computer. Open the folder you put all your files into and copy them all back to the SD card.
You should be good to go. From what I ready any app that had a specific folder or file saved on the phone will just re-create the file. The big concern is photos, music and video so don't get rid of the old SD card until you know you have all your stuff.