How do you enable the webcam on a Chromebook?
Yet it works fine with Google Chat. Any ideas?
1. Go to about:plugins
2. Click "details" to expand the settings for each plugin.
3. For "Shockwave Flash", it will probably say "2 files".
4. We want to disable the one that's not in the plugins directory. In my case, it shows to location for the plugins as:
/opt/google/chrome/pepper/libpepflashplayer.so (Flash 10.3)
/opt/google/chrome/plugins/libgcflashplayer.so (Flash 10.2)
So, I'm going to disable the plugin found in .../pepper/libpepflashplayer.so
5. We're not done. (WTF?). Now we need to change out Flash Player settings through Adobe's website. Go here: www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashp...
6. You need to change the website privacy settings panel (and potentially the peer-to-peer settings panel) for individual websites to "always allow." For example, it shows "www.facebook.com" as a listed website. I click on that, and change the setting from "always ask" to "always allow."
7. Now go to your website of choice and reload the page. Cross your fingers and it should work.
Huge thanks to the following site for helping me figure this out:
Clicking the mark as good answer button helps us highlight the best answers.