Should I get this or a 3DS? Is the 3D thing the only difference?
- No 3D, but it isn't needed for 99% of games
- The 2DS is cheaper by about $40
- The 2DS has a cheaper-feeling build
- The 3DS has a clamshell design, which protects the screen
- The button layout is slightly different
However, our Must-have Nintendo handheld is actually the 3DS XL, which does have some further differences. It adds:
- A better battery life
- A larger top screen (which is more forgiving for the 3D)
- Most expensive of all the 3DS family, though
Clicking the mark as good answer button helps us highlight the best answers.