Where do I find Fitbit firmware update for PC?
The display on my Tracker is no longer visible.
If your Tracker has been charging but the display won't light up, please update your firmware to the latest version.
- Right click on the Fitbit icon on the system tray on the lower right of the screen (diamond-shaped icon)
- Hover over Fitbit, then select About
- An A out Box will pop up. Click on the Upgrade Firmware link text in the lower left of the box. DO NOT click on OK
- Follow the instructions that appear. Do not move the Tracker until the entire process is complete.
- Do not press the button on the Tracker or close the update dialog until the entire process completes.
- Download the latest Mac client
- Install latest client version
- Close the Fitbit Tracker setup page
- Open a Finder window.
- Navigate to Applications > Utilities.
- Double-click on the Terminal application to open it. A terminal window appears.
- Now enter: FB_OPEN_MODE=""userFirmwareUpdate"" /Applications/Fitbit.app/Contents/MacOS/Fitbit
- The Fitbit application will launch and upgrade your firmware
- Do not close the terminal window until after you have quit the Fitbit application.
- After the update, reset the Tracker. Place it on the base station then press the button on the bottom of the base station using a toothpick, pen tip, or paper clip.
Clicking the mark as good answer button helps us highlight the best answers.